Have a passion for beer, cider or history? Cascade offers a range of experiences to meet your needs, from the Cascade History and Brewery Experience to Beer School for the true beer lovers.
Cascade History and Brewery Experience
Take a step back in time and learn about Cascades extensive history. From the story of our founders and the production of the first Cascade beer, to today’s beer innovations.
What: 75 minute experience showcasing Cascades history and brewing processes.
When: Experiences operate daily (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
Where: Check in at Cascade Brewhouse (140 Cascade Road, South Hobart)
Why: So you can brag to your friends that you have been inside Australia’s Oldest operational Brewery!
Cost: $30pp – includes four 7oz tastings of choice.
As the Brewery is still fully operational please beware of the following requirements.
- All guests must arrive and check in 15minutes before the scheduled tour time.
- All guests must be over the age of 16 years.
- All guests must be wearing fully enclosed flat shoes.
- All guests must be willing and able to climb 100 stairs, and walk 1.5km unassisted by a walking aid
- As the brewery is a worksite we ask that no alcohol is consumed prior to participation.
We are here for the beer! If you are a keen beer enthusiast, want to know more about the complexities behind the four main beer ingredients… Then beer school is for you!
What: 60 minute guided lesson on beer production
When: Daily at 2:45 (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
Where: Cascade Brewhouse, classroom environment (140 Cascade Road, South Hobart)
Why: To learn more about basis of beer.