Have a passion for beer, cider or history? Cascade offers a range of experiences to meet your needs, from the Cascade History and Brewery Experience to Beer School for the true beer lovers.
Cascade History and Brewery Experience
Take a step back in time and learn about Cascades extensive history. From the story of our founders and the production of the first Cascade beer, to today’s beer innovations.
What: 75 minute experience showcasing Cascades history and brewing processes.
When: Experiences operate daily (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
Where: Check in at Cascade Brewhouse (140 Cascade Road, South Hobart)
Why: So you can brag to your friends that you have been inside Australia’s Oldest operational Brewery!
Cost: $30pp – includes four 7oz tastings of choice.
As the Brewery is still fully operational please beware of the following requirements.
- All guests must arrive and check in 15minutes before the scheduled tour time.
- All guests must be over the age of 16 years.
- All guests must be wearing fully enclosed flat shoes.
- All guests must be willing and able to climb 100 stairs, and walk 1.5km unassisted by a walking aid
- As the brewery is a worksite we ask that no alcohol is consumed prior to participation.
We are here for the beer! If you are a keen beer enthusiast, want to know more about the complexities behind the four main beer ingredients… Then beer school is for you!
Not for the faint hearted. Expect to walk out with an A+ from this class.
What: 60 minute guided lesson on beer production
When: Daily at 2:45 (closed Good Friday and Christmas Day)
Where: Cascade Brewhouse, classroom environment (140 Cascade Road, South Hobart)
Why: To learn more about basis of beer.